Saturday, August 1, 2009

7 - Lost, Rex background, and a couple of dinosaur movies


I must begin by saying how sorry I am for not posting last weekend. However, currently JP-RL is just an one-man-show, and therefore, falible. Neverthless, if you feel that you can contribute, just let me know!

That being said, let's get to our weekly (or shall I say bi-weekly?) dose of JP!

LOST and JP

Recently I've been watching some LOST episodes, and I was reminded of an old theory that I had... that LOST got some of its inspiration from JP.

I mean, one of the basic premises of the show is that an enterprise (Dharma) was doing some kind of secret research in an isolated island. Something goes wrong, and the research (and its infrastructures) is abandoned. Some years later, other characters appear on the island, and start to find what happened...

Isn't this what happens in TLW and JP3?

Of course that LOST has much more to it than just this, but I can help to think that somewhere along the show development someone must have thought: "Hey, remember JP and that tropical feeling it has? Wouldn't it be cool to feature that in our show?".

Take a look at this picture...



Can't you imagine that it is from a JP movie?

So, some months ago I posted this in the JPLegacy forums , and one of the members there said that he has read an interview where the show creators said that their main inspirations were the Castaway, King Kong, and the more relevant one, JP. How cool is that?

I've never read anything official about it, and I didn't even manage to find that interview online, but it surely makes sense!

An amazing background

A picture of the new T-Rex toy has surfaced at JPtoys.

It's a good toy, I guess, but the thing I like the most about it it's the background picture. It has such a strong JP feeling! The sun, the pteros shadows, all those greens tones, the waterfall and the mist, the fences... just amazing! Now, if only they could make a wallpaper out of it...


Give it a look, and let the child inside of you daydream a little!



More dinosaur movies!

It's summer outside, and you dream about dinosaur movies. Yes, I totally know how that feels. Lucky for both of us, after the Land of the Lost movie, we have another couple of movies featuring dinosaurs! Take a look:

File:Ice age dawn of the dinosaurs theatrical poster.jpg

Here's the trailer of this animation film, the third of this saga:



And here it is the official site!

On the other hand, coming from The Asylum, you've got The Land That Time Forgot remake:


Here's the trailer:



And here it is the official site!


I've already seen Ice Age 3, and I hope to write a review of it soon. The Land That Time Forgot I haven't seen, but, again, I hope too!



And that's it for this week. Thank you so much for visiting JP-RL, and join us again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment